Privacy Notice For California Residents
Effective Date: January 1st, 2021
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Technical Communities, Inc (TCI) and its affiliates including but not limited to all TCI brands such as TestMart and GSAmart are disclosing the following details regarding the personal information about California residents that we have collected or disclosed. This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
We do not sell personal information within the meaning of the CCPA. We may use the personal information to operate and maintain our business, to optimize user experience and to better tailor our products and services to meet our and our customers business objectives.
We do not share personal data with third parties or allow them to collect personal data from our sites or services unless those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such personal data, or to allow for the smooth fulfillment against transactions authorized by users.
We may collect the following categories of your personal information and generally collect consumers’ personal information:
- Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records statute
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet activity information
- Financial information
- Geolocation data
- Professional and employment-related information
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories
WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
If you are a California resident and you seek to exercise the foregoing rights to access or delete personal data which constitutes ‘personal information’ as defined in CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com
We respond to all requests we receive from you wishing to exercise your data protection rights within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable data protection laws. By writing to us, you agree to receive communication from us seeking information from you to verify you to be the consumer from whom we have collected the Personal Data and other such information as reasonably required to enable us to honor your request.
We will not discriminate against you because you have chosen to exercise any of your CCPA privacy rights listed above.